The first...Sweet Potato Waffles...
another recipe from Taste of Home...
I'll put what I did beside the ingredients...
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Sweet-Potato-Waffles
Ingredients
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour ---I used ww & white
1 tablespoon sugar ---I omitted the sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cardamom ---I used Poudre Douce, Cinnamon & Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream --- I used yogurt
1 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted --- I used oil and cut back
3/4 cup chopped pecans --- I whizzed these up so the babes could eat them.
Maple syrup, optional
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sour cream, sweet potatoes, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 10 waffles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know...I can't get my waffles PERFECTLY square!
HOW do people do that?!!
I've tried evenly distributing the batter...loading the "corners"...nothing works for me!
If YOU have PERFECTLY square waffles...please...TELL ME HOW YOU DO IT!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other recipe is 'What's For Dinner?'
Chicken Chili Nachos...
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chicken-Chili-Nachos
Ingredients
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed - used thighs
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 package (13-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
Directions
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the chicken until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tomato juice is reduced. Stir in the beans, paprika, cumin and cayenne; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Arrange the tortilla chips on two large microwave-safe plates; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 25-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
***I put mine in the oven***
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I put a splash of lime juice over the chicken mixture in the fry pan to finish it...
I love lime!
Bon Appetit !
oh my! That looks SOOOOOOOOOO awesome! I've gotta try that!
ReplyDelete