Monday, January 11, 2010

Bulgur Chili Monday!!!



Here's the recipe...
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bulgur-Chili

I made a double batch and added two cans of corn, used yellow, red and green peppers; and a generous tablespoon of cocoa...I also increased the amount of spices too...they never put enough spice in!
Why the cocoa?
I read the reviews and one poster said they'd done that so ...I did too!
Also for me, chili has to have corn...
I don't know why...it just makes it brighter!
That's about it for "tweaks" to this recipe.
So...how did we like it??
WE LOVED IT!!!!!
I would DEFINITELY make this chili AGAIN!!!
You don't miss the meat at all!!!
It's super simple to make.
I soaked the bulgur earlier in the day so it was ready to go!
EVERYONE LOVED IT!!!
A keeper for sure!

I already have a recipe lined up for next Chili Monday....
are you ready?
It has coarsely chopped unsweetened chocolate in it!!!
I'm so excited to try it out!

Well, that's it for this Chili Monday...another one down...another success!

No comments:

Post a Comment