Thursday, January 14, 2010

~ COTF ~

So just what is COTF???

Clean
Out
The
Fridge

Every Thursday and Sunday are COTF!
After 2 or 3 nights of making dinner...there's bound to still be some left overs even after school lunches have whittled part of it away!!!

I can morph it into soup, casserole or some other "thing"...but sometimes it just gets reheated and reblessed and we eat it again!!!
For instance, this week I have left over chili from Chili Monday...so tonight I'll reheat it
and toss it onto some buns, sprinkle on some cheese and voila...Sloppy Joes are served!!!

So why do I choose Thursday and Sunday for COTF?
Simply because that's what works best for me!
Sunday I try to keep as simple as possible and Thursday my 'odd' volunteers after school at the hospital...so I don't have the extra help around and with the babes requiring attention and the older kiddos needing help with homework...there just isn't a spare moment to be "making" supper...so...morphing, reheating and reblessing really works for me!

It kinda feels like a "break" too!
When I am doing my meal plans the first thing I do is write in
the COTFs and...
"BOOM-DADDY"
I've got 2/7 meals planned for the week and I haven't even done anything yet!!! Feels SO good!

On the off chance that the planets align, babes are napping, homework is done and I do have a few spare moments...
I can do a bit of prep for the next night's dinner, whip up some muffins for lunches or make dessert....oh yes dessert!
We do enjoy them...but we'll save that for another post!

Enjoy COTF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment