Here's the recipe...It's from Better Homes and Gardens SOUPS magazine...Fall 2009
Makes 6 Servings
Prep: 30 Minutes
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
2 Medium carrots, Cut into thin sticks...more!
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tsp Grated fresh ginger or 1/2 Tsp ground ginger..or more!
1/4 Tsp Ground black pepper...or more!
3 14-Oz Cans chicken broth
3 Cups water
3 oz Medium Noodles...or more!
1 6-Oz Pea Pods, Halved Diagonally
1 lime, juiced
sesame oil
1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken in two batches.
Add broth,carrots, water,vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and pepper.
Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Add uncooked noodles. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes more until noodles are tender, adding pea pods for the last 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Finally add a splash of sesame oil and the juice of 1 lime FRESHLY SQUEEZED PLEASE!!!
Divvy up into bowls and EAT!
Now....what did I do........
*** I used one litre of chicken stock plus extra water with a bit of chicken powder....if you have frozen chicken stock in the freezer...use it!
I also used MORE carrots and peas...gotta bump up that veg factor!!!
If you think you need some extra water before you put in the noodles...ADD IT!
This is the 2nd time I've made this soup and everyone LOVES it!!!
I even whizzed some up for the babes!
The original recipe doesn't call for the sesame oil or the fresh lime juice....but they add that extra little sum'n sum'n...
dh says this soup is "restaurant quality".
That means this recipe is a "keeper"!!!
Give it a go...ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment