Monday, March 1, 2010

MC Chili Monday!


Yet another Chili Monday...
This recipe comes from my friend 'D'.
It's called...
Male Chauvinist Chili
3 slices bacon, diced [I used already cooked real bacon pieces from Costco.]
1/2 lb. hot Italian sausage [I removed the casings]
1/2 lb. ground beef [I had a chunk of roast beef in the freezer and so I chopped that up and used it!]
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced [I used 5!]
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. dry mustard
1-3 t. chili powder
1/4 t. pepper
2 cans (14 oz. each) tomatoes
1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans, drained
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, drained [I used ALL kidneys.]
And, of course... CORN!!!! [Any chili I make must HAVE corn in it!]

Brown bacon until crisp.
Remove and drain.
Brown sausage and ground beef with onion over medium heat; drain
and add to slow cooker.
Add bacon and remaining ingredients; stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 8-14 hours.
Taste for seasoning.

6 to 8 servings
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I did the skillet 'work' the night before and put it into the fridge.
Then this morning I plunked everything into the slow cooker!!!
Loved the time that saved me.
It was a most delectable chili!
Thanks 'D'!

Winter is soon coming to an end and so is Chili Monday...
I am currently searching for something to take it's place...
Not sure what just yet...
Next Monday I am out of town ...
I am not sure if I'll do another Chili Monday on the 15th....
...or the 22nd...
Since Spring "officially" starts on the 21st...haven't pencilled menus in that far yet...
You'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment