Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tonight's dinner is brought to you by...

This magazine...

Greek Chicken Roulades - cover photo & page 29
------------------------------------------
And this magazine...

Pear Chicken Salad - page 128
----------------------------------------
Et voila...Dinner!!!

---------------------------------------
And let me tell you...
IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!!!

Now just a couple of notes...
For the roulades...
dh used sun dried tomatoes and added a splash of evoo...
and instead of the dry white wine he used white grape juice.

Here's the roulade recipe...
Greek Chicken Roulades...

Serves 2 [so dh doubled it! But he said he wouldn't double the sauce next time]
12 pitted kalamata olives, divided
3 T. bread crumbs
3 T. minced oil packed sun dried tomatoes
1 T. minced lemon zest
2 cloves garlic
1 t. dried oregano
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 t. evoo
1/4 c. diced onion
1/4 c. dry white wine [white grape juice]
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. cornstarch

Dice 6 olives; set aside.
Process remaining 6 olives, bread crumbs, tomatoes, zest, garlic and oregano in food processor until minced.
Pound chicken 'tween plastic wrap to a 1/4 inch thickness.
Spread olive-tomato filling on chicken.
Roll chicken; secure with toothpicks.
Saute roulades in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, 4 minutes.
Remove chicken to a plate.
Add onion to skillet; saute 2 minutes.
Add "wine"; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 1-2 minutes.
Add broth. Bring mixture to a boil; add diced olives and chicken rolls.
Cover skillet; reduce heat. Simmer chicken rolls 10 minutes; remove chicken to a plate.
Whisk together lemon juice and cornstarch; stir into sauce in skillet.
Simmer 1 minute.
Slice rolls; serve with sauce.
-----------------------------------------------
We had leftover roulades and I ate some cold the next day for lunch.
I just sliced it... it was soooooooo DELICIOUS!!!
Let me also say... I am NOT a Kalamat olive fan.
I wouldn't eat them straight...but I don't mind them mixed in to something.
--------------------------------------
For the salad...
I didn't use the chicken!
We wanted a side salad not a main dish salad plus we were having the roulades!!
I used spinach only instead of mixed greens.
Also I skipped the sugar in the salad dressing.
LOOOOOVED the dressing!!!
I put all the dressing ingredients into a bottle and 'z' shook it up!
She thought that was great!

Here's the salad recipe...
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pear-Chicken-Salad
Pear Chicken Salad...
Ingredients
6 cups spring mix salad greens [or spinach]
1 medium ripe pear, sliced
1-1/2 cups cooked chicken strips
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

DRESSING:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar [I didn't use it]
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
Directions
On each of four salad plates, arrange the greens, pear, chicken, feta cheese, cranberries and nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 4 servings
-----------------------------------------------
BOTH of these altered recipes will certainly be made again in this house!!!
dh & i agreed... restaurant quality!
Is your mouth watering yet??
It should be!!!
----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment