Monday, March 22, 2010

Christmas Granola

Tried this recipe out today... LOOOOOOVE IT!!!
It's from the December issue of Chatelaine. Here's the link...
http://food.chatelaine.com/Recipes/View/Jos%C3%A9e-di-Stasio-s-Christmas-granola
BUT.....
This is what I did...

  • 1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 mL) cinnamon
  • 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
  • 3 cups (750 mL) old-fashioned large-flake oats
  • 1 cup (250 mL)  wheat germ
  • 1 cup (250 mL)  pumpkin seeds and pecans
  • 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened coconut, preferably large-flake
  • 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
  • 2/3 cup (150 mL) apple juice frozen concentrate
  • 1 Tbsp.  vegetable oil, preferably canola
  • 2 tsp (10 mL) almond extract
  • 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
  • Whole or ground flaxseed (optional)
  • 1/4 cup water
I also baked it for longer...probably an hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
It's really tasty any time of day!
In fact, I'm going to go have a bowl right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment