I did it, I did it!!!
FINALLY!!!
For YEARS I have wanted to try my skills on some hot cross buns...
several years have come and gone without me giving these sweeties a go...
But NOT this year!!!
I found several recipes, but basically followed this one from...
joy of baking...
I did add cardamom... love that spice!
So within a few hours we went from this...
...to these!!!
I also made more of an icing for the top, instead of their 'glaze'.
A nice thick line...so sweet!
I like the combination of currants and citrus peel so that's what went into these buns...
and MORE than they called for too!
Next time I would add even more but...
and MORE than they called for too!
Next time I would add even more but...
they're pretty tasty for a first try!
Next year I'll make them smaller.
LOL...
They're definitely BIGGER than your grocery store buns.
They're definitely BIGGER than your grocery store buns.
I'll be using some of them for "French Toast".
I think it'll be DELISH!
Enjoy this Easter time!
No comments:
Post a Comment