In our house if it's YOUR birthday...
YOU get to pick the menu for the WHOLE day!!!
Miss 'g' is turning 16!!!
Since her BIG day falls on the first day of school...
We started early...
Today for breakfast she chose Chocolate Waffles!
I found a MOST delicious recipe from Alton Brown...
Mmmmm..... I separated the eggs and whipped the whites.
I feel that's what makes a waffle batter a waffle batter and not a pancake batter.
I also used milked down yogurt instead of buttermilk.
[I usually have plain yogurt in the fridge so it's a handy substitution.]
I feel that's what makes a waffle batter a waffle batter and not a pancake batter.
I also used milked down yogurt instead of buttermilk.
[I usually have plain yogurt in the fridge so it's a handy substitution.]
Last evening dh & the bigguns went out and picked some blackberries...
So I whipped up some cream and this is what g's 16th pre-birthday breakfast looked like...
Best Chocolate Waffles I've ever made!
Thanks Alton!
- - - - -
Now don't be scared...
This next morsel looks quite unappetizing....
But I will say it is one of the most mouth rocketing things to eat!
Mexican Cheesecake!
NOT the sweet, desserty kind of cheesecake...
But a savoury, spread on crackers, eat for lunch kind...
Here's the recipe...
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Mexican-Cheesecake
It's soooo tasty!
It's soooo tasty!



No comments:
Post a Comment