Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mac 'n Cheese, Cheese, Cheese Baby!!!

So today I decided to "whip up" some Mac 'n Cheese...
In the end the kitchen ended up looking like this...
and this...
So... was it worth it?
- - - - - 
Oh YEAH BABY!!!
Feast your eyes on this...
This IS thee BEST Mac 'n Cheese I have EVER made!!!
But it's not just Mac 'n Cheese...
It's Mac 'n Cheese, Cheese, Cheese!!!
I used mostly Cheddar but I also had a small a small bit of Rathtrevor in the fridge AND a small nubbin' of Strong Provolone...oh my!
The Rathtrevor comes from Little Qualicum Cheeseworks...
and the Strong Provolone arrives with my brother when he visits... he knows I LOVE IT!
[ I ration it...a wee bit here and there but I decided to 'share' my last piece. ]
The addition of these two fabulous cheeses made ALL the difference!
I used the recipe from the Company's Coming Casseroles book but tweaked it BIG TIME!
Some dry mustard powder and nutmeg made it into the mix...
Oh... and broccoli...I buzzed some up so I could mix it in!
I initially decided to make some mac 'n cheese because we were having pork & veggie stir fry for dinner...
NOT really something the babez can eat.
So with the addition of broccoli I was also getting the babez a veggie in there too!
But the crumb topping...Oh I outdid myself I'm telling you!!!
I had an end of a sundried tomato and olive bread in the freezer...
[From Bodhi's Artisan Bakery...fabulous!!!]
So I buzzed it up, tossed it with a smidge of melted butter and the remainder of the cheese trio...
This topped the dish and into the oven it went!
See...
So we didn't end up having stir fry for supper.
And how did the babez like the mac 'n cheese...
they INHALED it...actually EVERYONE did!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment